Applications: Elemental analysis of points or maps of areas revealed by SEM
EDS (EDX) Analysis provides elemental analysis of a sample inside a SEM, TEM or FIB. Our new AZtec from Oxford is a new and revolutionary materials characterization system that gathers accurate data at the micron-scale.
- Launched in 2011, AZtec-Energy combines the latest generation of detector hardware, multi-tasking software, decades of EDS know-how and feedback from the world’s largest user community to create a platform that pushes back the boundaries of EDS analysis.
- The X-MaxN is a SDD detector resolution and low energy detectability is independent of sensor size because of its external FET design.
- The same sensor position means that the count rate simply increases in proportion to sensor size
- The same outstanding resolution performance is guaranteed on all sensor sizes
- Excellent low energy analysis, including Be detection on all sensor sizes
- Productive count rates at low beam currents
- Maximising imaging performance and accuracy
- No need to change imaging conditions for X-ray analysis
- Significantly higher count rates at the same beam current
- Shorter acquisition times
- Better statistical confidence
- Practical analysis with small beam diameters
- Maximising spatial resolution
- Getting the best out of your high resolution SEM